A picture is worth a 1000 words right? How about a picture that has a 1000 words in it? What’s that worth?
Working on a little task to create a word cloud for a website based on the search queries that are being used to drive traffic to the site from Google and other search engines.
I came across Paul’s E-Learning Resources website and he’s listed a few different websites that will create these types of word clouds for you.
- Tagxedo – simple interface, quick options to use a URL, Twitter ID, Del.icio.us ID, news term, search term (single?) and an RSS feed. Nice shop integration too
- Tagul – API available, lots of options and FREE!
- TagCrowd – very minimal interface, not as artsy display of final
- Tag Cloud Generator – lots of options at onsite, annoying animated header graphic =)
- Wordle – perhaps most polished option
- AnswerGarden – interesting tool that combines a survey type app with a cloud generator for provided answers
- TweetCloud – generates word cloud from a Twitter ID, uses Twitter OAUTH to generate cloud from your Twitter account
I kind of put this list on my blog to serve as a point of reference and to hopefully get some feedback and suggestions from folks who may know of some other resources like these. Again, especially interested in an option for feeding the tool an RSS feed of search queries.